Happy National Taco Day! Eat up!
Hey, who’s in charge of these things anyway? “The Strange History of Taco Day” says the popular restaurant promotion began at Taco John’s in 1982. Meanwhile, Taco Bell is reported to have lobbied hard for the national day. Last year Americans chowed down on 4.5 billion tacos, so every restaurant wants a piece of the tortilla.
In Phoenix, you’ll find a rich variety of tacos served just about any hour of the day or night.
- Taco Bell consumers may purchase a National Taco Day gift set for $5
- Applebee’s is offering $1 margaritas all month. Who doesn’t love a fresh, chilled marg with a taco?
- Here are some El Pollo Loco deals.
- Fish tacos and mango salsa are a deal at Rubio’s today.
- Chuy’s has taco and drink specials all day.
- Del Taco has 2 for $5 carnitas for the next couple of days as well as BOGO Free if you join Del Taco’s fan club.
- On the Boarder has 50 Cent Tacos
Unfortunately, Chipotle didn’t participate this year. Sad face, I know.